Here are simple photoshop tips that took me a long time to figure out and would have helped if I just knew from the beginning.
1. First off, here’s the layers I use nowadays.
- Curves (soft light)
- Vibrance (always deselected, rarely use)
- Selective Color
2. Don’t use shitty videos. Always use 720p files or larger. Even 720p youtube videos can still be too poor in quality to edit properly from them. Just in general, be wary of video quality
3. For text, use calibri (bold italic, strong). The bold italic is important because straight calibri is ugly. Use only 1 stroke.
4. All the high quality gif makers pretty much use the same sharpen settings for gifs. They are as follows: Filter>Sharpen>Smart Sharpen> then select 500% as the Amount and 0.3px as the Radius. Also, select More Accurate.
5. Pixel width is very important for Tumblr.
- 1 gif across = 500px
- 2 gifs across = 245px
- 3 gifs across = 160px
6. When you import frames to photoshop, import every frame or every other frame otherwise the gif will be too choppy. You should only do every 3 frames etc. for single gifs.
7. Find Photoshop / Tumblr tutorial blogs to find psds and tutorials on how to perform certain techniques. I use yeahps
- 5 things that make me happy
- 5 songs I like
- 5 things that made me laugh recently
- 5 conversations I’ve had recently
- 5 OTPs I currently have
- 5 closet cosplays I’ll do right now
- 5 dream cosplays
- 5 things I’m writing currently
- 5 things I’m procrastinating on right now
- 5 recent surprises
- 5 pieces of advice
- 5 foods I like
- 5 animals I like
- 5 bloggers I’ve thought of recently
- 5 fics I want to write
- 5 reaction gifs
- 5 things I would buy if I had the money
- 5 thoughts on my future
- 5 turn-ons
- 5 turn-offs
- 5 books I love
- 5 unpopular opinions
- 5 years in history that stand out to me and why
They’re called Voca People and they cover the history of musical genres in five minutes. Dude.
The music theorist in me is overjoyed by how accurate this is
And the chorister in me is having some sort of religious experience.
THIS IS MUSICAL PORNOGRAPHY. I DON’T KNOW WHAT MY FEELINGS ARE DOING.
Day- O (The Banana Boat Song)
Mbube- Solomon Linda and The Evening Birds
Ameno Dorime- Era
Toccata and Fugue in D Minor- Bach
Messiah, HWV 56, Part 2, No. 44 Chorus- Georg Friedrich Händel
The Entertainer- Scott Joplin
Mr. Sandman- The Chordettes
Puttin’ on the Ritz- Irving Berlin
Hit the Road Jack- Ray Charles
In the Mood- Glen Miller
Tutti Frutti- Little Richard
I Get Around- The Beach Boys
Can’t Buy Me Love- The Beatles
Take A Chance On Me- ABBA
Long Train Running- Doobie Brothers
Celebration-Kool and the Gang
Billie Jean- Michael Jackson
Sweet Dreams- The Eurythmics
Yeke Yeke- Mori Kante
Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
Wannabe-The Spice Girls
Macarena- Los del Rio
Cotton Eyed Joe- Rednex
Hit Me Baby One More Time- Britney Spears
Who Let the Dogs Out- Baha Men
Everybody Dance Out- C+C Music Factory
I Like to Move It- Reel to Real
I think I got all of them!!! It took me a while to recognize Yeke Yeke, but I got it!
SAWYER, DIY LOWERIDER WOODEN BICYCLE BY JURGEN KUIPERS
“Sawyer” is a bicycle with a lowrider geometry conceived by dutch designer Jurgen Kuipers. The frame is constructed out of Plywood. The design has won an IBDC/IF award 2013 ( International Bicycle Design Competition in Taipei )…
Disney animator Heidi Gilbert recently put together this original animatic based on the Wicked musical in an attempt to see about having it done as an animated movie.
DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS THING OF BEAUTY SINCE IT WAS TAKEN OFF OF YOUTUBE????????
Simon the Sorcerer Gifs
This is the ending sequence for the Simon the Sorcerer game…and, in my opinion, it’s worth the wait. Although that may just be because I find the two demons to be the most amusing part of the storyline. *chuckles*